Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One of the Basic Human Needs

FOOD.

No one can live without it. Can you?

I have always dreamed of winning the lottery, not only to pay off student loans, car notes, mortgage..etc etc... but also to help others. How great it would be to pay off my parents' mortgages? My in-laws'? To buy a stranger a car? How wonderful would it feel to fly to a third world country to pay and build homes for the homeless?

Well, I am definitely not rich, or even have a surplus of money to handout. We are a one income family. So....why not start small? Every little bit helps, right?

I emailed our chuch for information on local tent cities. I know it is illegal here to have one, but where else do the homeless have to go? It's cold here. They must need warmth and food.

my first task will be simple enough...
make and bring FOOD to the homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment